Sunday, 1 December 2013
Christmas season is fast approaching, and so are those Christmas Parties! Fret not, here is my guide to creating your perfect season look, that will last all night (or at least longer than your feet can in those beautiful new killer heels!)
Now like me, I'm sure you all love glitter, but unfortunately it's not always appropriate, Christmas is, however, the perfect excuse to crack that glitter open and go a bit crazy (in a grown up sophisticated way of course!).
Here's my quick and easy step by step guide to making that glitter look glam and sophisticated:
Start by using a waterproof pencil eyeliner like Urban Decay's 247 eye pencil, a black pencil will add depth to the pigment you will be using, or go bold and choose a colour pencil. Use the pencil over the whole of your eye lid all the way up to the crease. Using a waterproof and smudge proof liner like the Urban Decay one will double up as you crease free base primer.
Using a fluffy blending brush, blend the pencil upwards and out of the crease to create a soft smokey look.
Using a glitter pigment of your choice, I love Barry M's Dazzle Dusts, pack onto the lid, up to the crease, and blend any harsh lines away.
Line the lower lash line with the same eye pencil, and blend along lash line using a pencil brush dipped in a little of the same glitter pigment.
Line upper and lower waterlines with a black kohl eye pencil. Finish with a couple of coats of mascara and add false eyelashes for added drama!
Keep skin flawless, and team with a nude lip, or for the brave a bold Christmas red lip!
Here's a quick Christmas eye look I created on myself;
Wednesday, 27 November 2013
The bold statement lip has been a must have accessory for a while now, with bright Reds, vibrant Oranges and Pinks being sported by anyone who's anyone. This Autumn Winter season is still all about the bold lip, turning to more deep plums/burgundy and berry shades as seen at Marni, Prada & Louis Vuitton. However, fret not red lippy lovers, the
red lip isn't going anywhere, as was seen yet again at shows such as La Perla, Marc Jacobs & by far the boldest at Nina Ricci.
For bold lips, keep skin fresh, flawless and dewy, teamed with well groomed/defined brows, and just a slick of mascara. Or if you want that vampy look, team your burgundy lips with a smokey eye!
Here are my top tips for the perfect long-lasting bold lips;
- Start by exfoliating lips, using a soft baby toothbrush to gently remove any dry skin.
- Follow this by applying a good nourishing lip balm, I love Carmex balms. Leave to soften lips for 5 -10 mins, then blot excess balm with a tissue.
- Taking a concealer the exact colour match of your skin, conceal your lips and outer lip edge, this will allow the true colour of your lipstick to show, cancelling your natural lip colour which can alter your chosen lipstick shade.
- Use a lip barrier pencil, like Urban Decays Ozone lip liner, around the outer edge of your lips to prevent bleeding and feathering.
- Using a lip liner the exact match of your chosen lipstick shade, line your lips and fill in, using the lip liner to colour the whole of your lips.
- Using your chosen lipstick shade apply to your lips with a lip brush, I prefer an angled synthetic brush which allows you to create sharpe defined edges. Blot with tissue and re-apply! Voila perfect bold AW13 lips that last all day!
Here are some pictures from my latest beauty shoot, where I used bold lips to steal the show!
Photographer; Ursula Roxy
Makeup Artist; Melanie Brown
Model; Killa @ Leni's Model Management
Sunday, 10 November 2013
We all wear perfume on a daily basis, but not many of us have heard of a perfume specifically made for your hair...
...Introducing Herra Hair Protect, a clever little spray which not only provides your hair with a gorgeous scent, but also protect your hair from pollution, UV and free radicals. It's also paraben free, a big plus in my books!
I have been using this product for the last couple of weeks, and what instantly hit me was the gorgeous fresh, almost aromatheraputic scent with notes of vanilla, bergamot and sandalwood.
Using 2-3 sprays at arms length through the length of your hair after a blow dry helps your blow dry last that precious bit longer. This spray is lightweight and not at all greasy, meaning you can spray throughout the day as often as you wish for a refreshing uplift.
• Fragrance – The Herra signature fragrance is a blend of the finest key notes creating a fresh, modern, uplifting experience that appeals to all. Ingredients include Italian bergamot, loquat fruit, midnight orchid, rose, white jasmine, mimosa, heliotrope, lily, vanilla, tonka bean, sandalwood and musk.
Priced at £24.99 for 50ml this may seem a bit pricey, however you only need to use a small amount meaning this chic bottle lasts a good while, and looks fab on your dresser!
Since using my hair seems more shiny, and nourished. I have had also had lots of comments on my hair smelling so good, which is super important seeing as my job involves me being up close and personal with clients!
Would you use a hair perfume? Let me know..