red lip isn't going anywhere, as was seen yet again at shows such as La Perla, Marc Jacobs & by far the boldest at Nina Ricci.
For bold lips, keep skin fresh, flawless and dewy, teamed with well groomed/defined brows, and just a slick of mascara. Or if you want that vampy look, team your burgundy lips with a smokey eye!
Here are my top tips for the perfect long-lasting bold lips;
- Start by exfoliating lips, using a soft baby toothbrush to gently remove any dry skin.
- Follow this by applying a good nourishing lip balm, I love Carmex balms. Leave to soften lips for 5 -10 mins, then blot excess balm with a tissue.
- Taking a concealer the exact colour match of your skin, conceal your lips and outer lip edge, this will allow the true colour of your lipstick to show, cancelling your natural lip colour which can alter your chosen lipstick shade.
- Use a lip barrier pencil, like Urban Decays Ozone lip liner, around the outer edge of your lips to prevent bleeding and feathering.
- Using a lip liner the exact match of your chosen lipstick shade, line your lips and fill in, using the lip liner to colour the whole of your lips.
- Using your chosen lipstick shade apply to your lips with a lip brush, I prefer an angled synthetic brush which allows you to create sharpe defined edges. Blot with tissue and re-apply! Voila perfect bold AW13 lips that last all day!
Here are some pictures from my latest beauty shoot, where I used bold lips to steal the show!
Photographer; Ursula Roxy
Makeup Artist; Melanie Brown
Model; Killa @ Leni's Model Management