Monday 2 July 2012

My Top Ten Beauty Must Haves!

As a self confessed beauty and makeup junkie, I have tried a ridiculous amount of potions and lotions so those that make it into my regular beauty regime have to be pretty special!

So here's a little peek into the products I use regularly;

1) St Ives Apricot Facial Scrub
I love this facial exfoliator, it buffs and scrubs away dead skin cells and impurities to leave skin feeling fresh and clean! It's gentle enough to be used everyday if your skins requires, and has a lovely apricot scent! Exfoliation leaves skin nicely prepped for makeup application.

2) Carmex Cherry Lipbalm
I am totally addicted to this Lipbalm, and use it both personally and on client/models lips. It instantly hydrates lips, and has a gorgeous smell. It's also non sticky but leaves a lovely glossy sheen on lips. This amazing balm is SPF 15, so it also protects your lips.

3) Bioderma Crealine
This makeup remover/cleanser is a cult favourite of makeup artists, and for good reason. The gentle makeup remover basically melts away makeup, but is as gentle on the skin as water. It leaves skin cleansed, refreshed and makeup free in minutes! I love using this for myself, and is a staple in my kit at fashion shows to cleanse and revive the models face when the skin is feeling a little worse for wear after constant makeup application and removal.

4) Makeup Forever HD Translucent Powder
I have oily skin, which is much the blight of many, so if your skin is like mine, you will be well aware of the annoyance of a shiny T-Zone appearing an hour or so after makeup application. I use this product lightly on my oily prone areas after foundation and concealer application concentrating mainly on forehead, nose, chin and under eyes to set concealer. This powder is so fine and invisible, it avoid making makeup cakey, which is not a good look! I also use Kleenex Blotting sheets and a little more powder during the day as needed!

5) MUA Cosmetics Eye Shadow Primer
I swear by this amazing product! Used under eyeshadow it primes the eye for shadow application, and stops eyeshadow from creasing! It also adds depth to shadow colour and eliminates discolouration of eyelids. I use this daily, and it prevents creasing for at least 10 hours! This product is a bargain at £2.50, and rivals more expensive primers I have used in the past.

6) Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Conditioner
If your like me and are constantly using heated hair styling products, hair dye and the like, your hair will start to show the strain. Using this intensive conditioning treatment restores shine and the condition of your hair, it also smells like bubblegum! Lush!

7) Palmer Cocoa Butter Body Lotion
I love this amazing body moisturiser for instant skin rehydration. It also smells delicious! For added moisture use straight after a bath or shower!

8) Biore Pore Strips
These pore strips are designed either for nose, chin or forehead. They cleverly remove blackheads and impurities from blocked pores, this therefore also prevents spots! I use once a week on problem areas.

9) Shu Uemura Eyelash Curlers
These are the best eyelash curlers you can buy and are a firm favourite with makeup artists. They curl even the most stubborn eyelashes. Use prior to mascara, and curl lashes at base, middle and end of lashes for a natural rounded curl.

10) E45 Cream
I love this cream for dry skin, it instantly hydrates skin, and is for use on face and body. I also on dry elbows and knees when needed. I always carry this product in my kit.

Mel
xXx



No comments:

Post a Comment